IIAP Post-Doctoral Fellowships 2019
Indian Institute of Astrophysics invites applications for Post-Doctoral Fellowships for the year 2019 from candidates with a PhD degree in Physical / Mathematical Sciences from a recognized University / Institute. It offers two fellowships namely Regular Postdoctoral Fellowships and Chandrasekhar Post-Doctoral Fellowships.
The Institute offers challenging opportunities to young researchers working in theory, observation, and instrumentation in various areas of research in the field of astronomy and astrophysics.
For Regular Postdoctoral Fellowships:
- The candidate Must have obtained a Ph.D. degree in Physical/Mathematical Sciences from a recognized University/Institute
- The candidate Should be below the age of 36 years.
For Chandrasekhar Postdoctoral Fellowship:
- The candidate Must have obtained a PhD degree in Physical/Mathematical Sciences from a recognized University/Institute.
- The candidate should be below the age of 32 years.
Benefits of IIAP Post-Doctoral Fellowships 2019
Benefits under Regular Postdoctoral Fellowship
- IIA offers a fixed fellowship of Rs.36, 000 – 40,000 p.m. with an annual increment of Rs.1500 p.m.
- Other allowances such as house rent, book grants, and medical facilities are offered in accordance with the prevailing rules of the institute.
- IIA has limited accommodation for PDFs which will be provided subject to availability and need as assessed by the committee, case by case.
Chandrasekhar Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- A monthly stipend of Rs.50, 000/- to Rs.55,000/- for candidates with up to 2 years post-doctoral experience.
- A monthly stipend of Rs.55, 000/- to 60,000/- for those with more than 2 years experience.
- Chandrasekhar Fellowship would be entitled to an annual contingency grant of Rs.2,00,000/-.
- Other allowances such as housing (subject to availability), medical and other benefits in accordance with the prevailing rules of the institute.
- Travel support by economy airfare will be available at the time of taking up the assignment.
How To Apply?
Step 1: Visit the Official web page and create an account and log in to start your new application.
Step 2: Fill the online application form with necessary details.
Step 3: Finally submit the application form.
Applications will be reviewed four times a year : in the first week of January, April, July and October.
Deadlines for applications is December 31, March 31, June 30, and September 30.
Terms and Conditions
- Selected candidates, as post-doctoral fellows, are expected to work in close collaboration with members of the research groups at the institute and are also encouraged to carry out independent research.
- The fellowships are for a period of two years with the possibility of an extension for one more year.
- Chandra Fellows may choose their own research topics or collaborate with groups or individuals in the institute.
- Applicants should send a complete CV, biodata, statement of proposed work to be carried out at IIA and also arrange to send three letters of recommendation directly.
- Applicants are advised to send their completed applications at least 3 weeks before the respective review dates. Applicants to the Chandrasekhar Fellowship should explicitly state the same in their application.
Indian Institute of Astrophysics
Bengaluru – 560034
Follow us on Linkedin