IIT Madras Post Doctoral Fellowship for Women With Break-in Career
IIT Madras offers Post Doctoral Fellowship for women with a Break in a career with Ph.D. with an objective to sustain and nurture the involvement of women with a Ph.D. who could not pursue their research due to personal/ professional reasons. In other words, the scheme merely focuses on research advancement by maintaining awareness and interest in high-quality academic research in the engineering departments of Aerospace, Applied Mechanics, Biotechnology, Chemical, Civil, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical, Engineering Design, Mechanical, Metallurgical & Materials, and Ocean and in the departments of Chemistry, Humanities & Social Sciences, Management Studies, Mathematics, and Physics.
- Candidates should have a Ph.D in the appropriate discipline.
- There is no age limit prescribed.
- Candidates already employed are not eligible to apply.
Benefits of IIT Madras Post Doctoral Fellowship for Women With Break-in Career
- Between Rs.30,000 – Rs.35,000/- (consolidated) per month.
- For married women, they are eligible for HRA of Rs.9000/- p.m. if they’re not provided accommodation within the campus,
- Return fare by II AC from the place of residence in India to IIT Madras.
- Suitable accommodation as per IIT norms is going to be offered if requested or if available.
How to Apply ?
To apply for IIT Madras Post Doctoral Fellowship
STEP 1: Candidates need to download the Application form here.
STEP 2: Candidates should take the print out / hard copy of the duly filled-in application
STEP 3: Candidates should be sent the application to the following address: The Deputy Registrar (Academic)
Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM)
Chennai-600036, Tamil Nadu, India
Documents Required For The IIT Madras Post Doctoral Fellowship For Women with Break-in Career
- Photocopies of the Rank certificates,
- Abstract of the Ph.D thesis,
- Any other awards/distinctions obtained,
- Caste certificate if belongs to SC/ST/OBC,
- Medical Certificate if Physically Challenged etc.
- A two page write-up on the intended project work at IITM.
Candidates can apply throughout the year and candidates will be informed about the availability by the respective departments, once they receive the application.