2020 Commonwealth Master’s Scholarship
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) is inviting application from Indian nationals for 2020 Commonwealth Master’s Scholarship tenable in United Kingdom, The scholarship is offered for low and middle income Commonwealth countries, to undertake full-time taught Master’s study at a UK university.
The Scholarship is funded by UK Department for International Development (DFID), Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK.
Scholarships are offered under
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
- Must Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Must Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Must Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2020
- Must By September 2020, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, or a second class degree (2:2) and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree). The CSC would not normally fund a second UK Master’s degree. If you are applying for a second UK Master’s degree, you will need to provide justification as to why you wish to undertake this study
- Must Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
- Must Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format
The applicant must be a Citizen and permanent Resident of India. The applicant should be available to start his/her academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2020 and should have completed or is expected to complete his/her Bachelor Degree by October 2020.
List of Eligible Commonwealth countries
- Antigua and Barbuda
- The Gambia
- Papua New Guinea
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- St Helena
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
How to apply
All applications must be submitted by 16:00 (GMT) on 30 October 2019 at the latest.
Please Visit the MHRD Website to apply, as the CSC does not accept applications directly.
Click here to download Notification from MHRD
Click here to visit MHRD website for online application.
Link for online application: http://proposal.sakshat.ac.in/scholarship
The Last date for application is from 01-10-2019 to 15-11-2019