Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship 2019-2020 (MAEF)
Maulana Azad Education Foundation offers “Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship” for Girl Students belonging to the Minority Communities was earlier known as “Maulana Azad National Scholarship” Scheme. It was started by the Foundation in the academic year 2003-04. The main purpose of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to meritorious girl students belonging to national minorities, who cannot continue their education due to lack of financial support.
- Applicant should be a girl student.
- Applicants studying in class 9 to 12 are eligible
- Applicant must be belonging to Minority Communities (Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains, and Parsis).
- The annual income of student’s parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2.00 lakh.
Benefits of Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship 2019-2020 (MAEF)
Amount of scholarship will be credited directly into the Beneficiary bank account through DBT mode.
For Class, IX and X:-Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs.10000/- (Rupees ten thousand only) which will be released in two installments of Rs. 5000/- each.
For Class XI and XII:- Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs.12000/- (Rupees twelve thousand only) which will be released in two installments of Rs. 6000/- each.
How to Apply?
It is mandatory for all students to apply online on the Portal i.e. www.maef.nic.in.
The applicant can follow below steps to apply for Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship 2019-2020
Step 1: Visit the Official website of MAEF HERE.
Step 2: If your applying for the first time click on registration and fill the registration form.
Step 3: After filling the details verify your mobile number by OTP.
Step 4: Re-login to Download the school verification form and get it signed by the principal of the school and keep it ready upload.
Step 5: Re-login to Fill the application form with required details names, state of domicile, annual family income, date of birth, religion, marks details, Aadhaar card number, bank details, parent’s occupational details and schools/institute details.
Step 6: After Filling application form upload all the required documents.
Documents Required for Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship 2019-2020 (MAEF)
- Passport size photo
- Copy of the applicants Aadhaar card
- Previous class mark sheet.
- Income and Caste Certificate issued by a competent authority declared by the State/UTs Administration.
- Copy of bank Passbook (first page of bank/postal account passbook which should be in the name of the applicant either single or joint account with her parent)
- Institution verification form attested by the Principal of the school/institute.
The selection procedure will be based on the criteria of the parent’s/guardian’s annual income. The selection of the eligible students will be primarily done on the basis of the lower income criteria among the students who have secured at least 50% marks in the previous exam, however, there is fixed no. of scholarship quota for each State/UTs based upon the population of the minorities in the concentrated area.
Application Deadline: 30th Sep 2019
Shri Gulam Waris Khan
MAEF Office Address:
Maulana Azad Campus,
Opposite New Delhi Railway Reservation Centre,
New Delhi – 110055.
Phone No: 011-23583788, 011-23583789
Email: [email protected]