Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2020-2021
Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, under Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India offers a Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2020-2021 for students who are studying Class IX to X and physically disabled with 40% of disabilities. with the sole objective to support students with disabilities in education to prepare themselves to earn their livelihood and to find a dignified place in society as face many barriers psychological, financial, physical, mental in pursuing studies and living with dignity.
- The applicant should be a citizen of India.
- The applicant with disabilities with more than 40% and having a valid certificate of disability is eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicant’s family annual income should not exceed more than Rs.2,50,000/- from all sources of income.
- Applicant should be a regular, full-time student studying in class IX or X
- Not more than two children with disabilities from the same family are eligible for this scholarship scheme. In the case of twins, the second child is a twin, then both the twins are eligible for the scheme.
Benefits of Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2020-2021
|Maintenance allowance||Rs.500/- P.A||Rs.800/- P.A|
|Book Grant||Rs.1,000/- P.A||Rs.1,000/- P.A|
Allowance of scholarship based on disability
|Type of Disability||Scholarship Amount|
|Visually Impaired||Rs.4000/- P.A|
|Hearing Impaired||Rs.2000/- P.A|
|Physically Disabled (OH)||Rs.2000/- P.A|
|Intellectual Disabilities||Rs.4000/- P.A|
|All other types of disability not covered under above||Rs.2000/- P.A|
How to Apply?
Step 1: Visit Official Website
Step 2: Click on the New Registration button, if your applying for the first time.
Step 3: Carefully read the guidelines for Registration on National Scholarship Portal.
Step 4: After reading guidelines click on the “Continue” button
Step 5: Fill the student registration form.
Step 6: After entering all required details click on the Register button.
Step 7: Student registration ID will be displayed. (Note down the Student Registration ID number for further reference and inquiries).
Step 8: Click on “Continue” button, it will take you to the Login Page.
Step 9: The login id and password to log into the NSP portal will be your Application Id and DOB respectively.
Step 10: After Login Student will get OTP of 5 digits on Registered Mobile Number.
Step 11: Confirm OTP will take you to Change Password Page and Change your password as per instruction on the same page.
Step 12: Click the ‘’Apply’’ button and enter personal details, Academic Details, Bank Details.
Step 13: After entering the above details click on “Save & Continue” to Switch on to next Page
Step 14: Applicant is directed to see the next page for “Contact Details & Scheme Details” Enter your contact details.
Based on the eligibility criteria of the student, schemes will be displayed.
Select “Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities” for I to X
Step 15: Click on Final Submit. Take a print on Clicking print Button for reference and as an Acknowledgement.
Document Required for Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2020-2021
- Passport size photos
- Disability Certificate.
- Income certificate
- Fees receipt.
- Previous year marks sheet
- Fulfillment of Eligibility Norms
- Recommendation of the State Education Department.
- Percentage of marks obtained in the previous examination.
- In case of a tie in the percentage of marks, then the candidate with a high percentage of disability will be given preference. in case there is still a tie, the age will be considered i.e. the older candidate will get preference.
Application Deadline: 31-10-2020
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0120 – 6619540