ONGC Scholarship for SC/ST Students 2020-21
ONGC Scholarship for SC/ST Caste students 2020-21 is an initiative of the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) Foundation as part of its CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) with the objective to support the education of deserving students belonging to the SC/ST community pursue their higher studies.
ONGC is an Indian government-owned crude oil and natural gas corporation. It is under the ownership of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Government of India.
Eligibility Criteria of ONGC Scholarship for SC/ST Students 2020-21
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- The applicant must be less than 30 years of age as on 1st July 2020.
- The applicant must have scored minimum of 60% marks in class 12.
- The applicant must be studying first year Engineering/MBBS/MBA/Master’s course in Geology/Geophysics.
- The applicant family income should be less than INR 4.50 Lakhs per annum from all sources.
Benefits of ONGC Scholarship for SC/ST Students 2020-21
Scholarships worth INR 48,000 each will be offered to the selected students on an annual basis.
Zone Wise Distribution of No. Of Scholarships
|ZONE||Zone -1 (North)||Zone -2 (West)||Zone -3 (North East)||Zone -4 (East)||Zone -5 (South)|
|STATES||J&K, Delhi, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Chandigarh, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh||Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Goa, Daman & Diu, Dadar & Nagar Havel||Assam, Sikkim, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Tripura||Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, Chhattisgarh, West Bengal||Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Pudducherry, Lakshadweep, Andaman & Nicobar Islands|
|No. of Scholarships||200||200||200||200||200|
Documents Required for ONGC Scholarship for SC/ST Students 2020-21
- Aadhar Card
- Caste Certificate in Hindi or English
- Income certificate in Hindi or English
- Bank Passbook
- Age Proof
- Class 12-mark card in case of MBBS/Engineering students
- Aggregated Graduation mark sheet in case of MBA/Masters in Geology/Geophysics students.
- PAN card
- Copy of undertaking
How to apply?
Applicants can follow the below steps to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Click HERE to visit the Original website.
Step 2: Read the instructions carefully and select the scheme you are eligible for.
Step 3: Fill in all the required details in the application form.
Step 4: Upload the necessary documents.
Step 5: Send the completed application form along with the documents duly signed by the Head/Principal of the institute/college (to be uploaded and same required to be shared in hard copies) to the designated office address of ONGC mentioned in the application form.
- Preference shall be given to students from below poverty line (BPL) families and other students shall be considered only if the adequate number of students from BPL families fulfilling the eligibility criteria is not available.
- Selection of candidates will be made on the basis of total marks obtained in the previous examination. In case of candidates having same marks in the qualifying examination candidates with lower family income will be selected.
Application Submission Starts: 7th July 2021
Application Submission Close: 5th September 2021
Ph: 011-26753125; 011-26753132
Email: [email protected]
Terms and Conditions:
- The selected candidate must not be receiving any other scholarship or financial assistance from any other source.
- Selected candidates must maintain a minimum of 60% or 6 grade points out of 10 in each year’s semester examination to make sure the continuation of the scholarship.
- The decision of the ONGC foundation with regard to selection will be considered as final.
- The student shall be eligible for the ONGC Scholarship scheme only for one course during a lifetime.
- In case, any information declared at the time of initial online application is found incorrect during scrutiny or thereafter, the application of such student shall be rejected. Submission of false or manipulated information shall be a disqualifier and such students shall be barred from applying thereafter for ONGC Scholarship and reported to their Institution authorities. The list of such students will be maintained to spot any resubmission of application in subsequent years.
- The candidate’s parents or guardians working in the ONGC group of companies or its joint ventures are not eligible for this scholarship
- The specific zone where a student can apply for this scholarship depends on the location of the University/Institute/College in which the candidate was studying for the qualifying exam.
- ONGC Foundation has all rights to change the eligibility criteria or discontinue the scholarship without any prior notification.