Vidyasiri Scheme for Minority Students, Karnataka
About Vidyasiri Scheme for Minority Students, Karnataka 2019
The Government of Karnataka offers Vidyasiri Scheme for Minority communities students (Muslims, Christian, Sikh, Jain, Buddhist & Parsi) pursuing Post-Matric Courses/PUC up to Ph.D. Level in Government/Aided/Un-Aided institutions and for those students who could not get admission in government hotels, Rs. 1500/- per month for the study period of 10 months (Subject to availability of grants) will be remitted online to the concerned students bank account to help for food and accommodation expenses across the State.
Eligibility for Vidyasiri Scheme
- Applicant should be a domicile of Karnataka State.
- Applicant annual family income should be less than Rs.2.00 lakh from all the sources.
- Category 1 and converted Christian Minority student’s family income should be less than Rs.2.50 lakh.
- Applicant should be from rural areas and distance between college and their residence should be more than 5km.
- The Applicant should have passed their previous year’s examination without any backlog.
- Applicants residing in BBMP, Town Municipal and Corporation limits are not eligible under this scheme.
- Applicants staying in Hostels/Paying Guests (PG) Houses or any other accommodation are also eligible for this benefit.
Benefits in Vidyasiri Scheme for Minority students, Karnataka 2019
Selected students will get an amount of Rs.1.500 per month for period of 10 months (max Rs.15,000) during their study period.
- Free Hostel Accommodation/Fee for Post-Matric Courses
- Full Course Fee concession for PMS FAAS, FC and NUR
- Prathibha Puraskar Scholarship for SSLC/Secondary PUC
How to Apply for Vidyasiri Scheme ?
Eligible Students can follow below steps to apply
Step 1: Applicant can download application form HERE and take print out.
Step 2: Fill the application form with required details.
Step 3: After filling up the form attach the required documents given below.
Step 4: Submit the filled application form to the office of the District Minority Welfare Office of the concerned district (where college is located) Addresses and other details of district officers.
Documents required for Vidyasiri Scheme for Minority students, Karnataka 2019
- Copy of Income and caste Certificate
- Copy of SSLC Marks Card.
- Copy of Bank pass Book
- Copy of Aadhaar card
- Copy of Ration card
- Copy of Voter ID
Directorate of Minorities,
20th & 21st Floor,
V V Towers(Main),
Dr. B R Ambedkar Veedhi,
Bangalore – 560001
Ph: 080 22535900
E-mail: [email protected]
The Last date for the submission of applications for Vidyasiri scholarship scheme is 30th November 2019 (30-11-2019)