JM Sethia Merit Scholarship Scheme 2019
JM Sethia Merit Scholarship 2019 is offered by JM Sethia Charitable Trust for students studying in class 9 to 12, graduation and post-graduation courses in any field. The scholarship is applicable only for Indian students pursuing full-time courses only.
- Scholarship can be availed for students enrolled for full-time courses only.
- Applicant should have passed the qualifying examination in first attempt only.
- Category A:- students pursuing 9th-10th class courses and Minimum 75% aggregate in class 8th
- Category B:- students pursuing 11th 12th class courses and minimum 75% aggregate in class 10th
- Category C:- students Pursuing Graduation Courses and minimum 75% aggregate(Science & Commerce), 65% aggregate (Humanities/ Arts).
- Category D:- students pursuing Post-Graduation Courses and minimum 60% aggregate ( Science & Commerce), 50% aggregate (Humanities/ Arts).
Benefits of JM Sethia Merit Scholarship Scheme 2019
- Category A- Applicants get Rs. 400/- per month for 2 years.
- Category B- Applicants get Rs.500/- per month for 2 years.
- Category C-Applicants get Rs.600/- per month for 2 years or 3 years as applicable.
- Category D-Applicants get Rs.700/- per month for 2 years or 3 years as applicable.
How to apply?
The Applicant can follow the below steps to apply for the scholarship
Step 1: Applicant can download the scholarship form here or fill an online application here.
Step 2: Carefully fill all the necessary details.
Step 3: Take printout of the form.
Step 4: Attach all the required documents as given below.
Step 5: Send the filled application form to
JM SETHIA CHARITABLE TRUST (Regd. & Head Office), 133, Biplabi Rash Behari Basu Road, 3rd Floor, Room No. 15, Kolkata-700 001
Gandhi House, 5th Floor, 16, Ganesh Chandra Avenue, Kolkata-700 013 E-mail: [email protected] Phone: +91-93397 93153, +91-33-2236-0368 / 67
Documents required for the JM Sethia Merit Scholarship Scheme 2019
- Copy of mark sheet of the previous year.
- Copy of Proof of Income (Income Certificate).
- Copy of certificate proving reservation (if any reservation is applicable).
The merit list is discussed and analyzed for final selection by a high level selection panel, constituted by the Trust management. The decision of this committee shall be final and biniding for all the purpose.
Shall be granted on the basis of merit of the marks and reservation factor.
Category A- 15
Category B- 15
if the number of application are large, the managementmay increaase the limit according to the purpose.
This has been complied from various records available on this subject subsequent development as decided in various committee meetings.
Last date to apply 31st July 2019
Terms and Conditions
- Applicant should not be getting any other kind of scholarship from elsewhere.
- 20% scholarship in each category are reserved for : a) Special category-handicapped b) excellence extra-curricular activities like sports, NCC ‘B’ Certificate holder debating, dramatics & social services. c) Economically weaker section-of those students, whose parents annual income is not more than Rs. 1,20,000/- (Rupees one lakh twenty thousands only) Minimum qualifying percentage need not to apply to them.
- If granted scholarship, the holder will have to provide continuity certificate issued by the head of the institution every quarter.
- The receiver of scholarship has to submit the statement of A/C with proper authentication about the utilization of scholarship amount.
- Scholarship amount should be used by the students on himself and on his studies only.