National Overseas Scholarship for Minority community students 2019-2020
The Karnataka Government through the Directorate of Minorities Department has introduced a National Overseas Scholarship for Minority community students for providing financial assistance to Minority students of Karnataka State for pursuing higher studies abroad in Master’s Degree, Post Doctoral Courses, etc., in prestigious Foreign Universities.
- The student must be a domicile of Karnataka.
- Candidates should have scored 60% and above marks.
- Candidate must belong to Minority community (Muslim, Christian, Jains, Sikhs, Buddhist or Parsi).
- The student must be below 38 years old of age from the date of commencement of the opted course or subjects selected for higher Studies.
Eligible Subject for Scholarship
1) Automation Robotics including Artificial Intelligence.
2) Laser Technology.
3) Paper technology.
4) Naval Architecture/Offshore Structures/Architecture in General.
5) Information Technology .
6) Low temperature Thermal Dynamics.
8) Art Restoration technology.
9) Ceramic and Glass Technology.
10) Dock and Harbour Engineering.
11) Bio- Technology/ Genetic Engineering.
12) Industrial Safety.
13) Petroleum Technology.
14) Aircraft/ Space Engineering.
15) Imaging System Technology.
16) Graphic engineering.
17) Composite materials engineering.
18) Satellite or remote Sensing.
19) Packaging Engineering/ Technology.
20) Nuclear Engineering.
21) Medicine / Dental / Nursing/Para- Medical.
22) Business Administration/ Management Studies.
23) MPhil/Ph.d in any area of applied Sciences., Basic Sciences, Cultural and Historical Studies.
In addition to these subjects any other course the screening committee of the department may in special cases consider the course not listed above.
Benefits of National Overseas Scholarship for Minority community students 2019-2020(Karnataka)
- A Total Scholarship of Rs.10.00 lakh per annum and a maximum of Rs.20.00 lakh (for 2 years) for the entire course will be sanctioned to the candidates. Whose total income from all sources of the candidate and his/her parents/ Guardians should not exceed Rs.6.00 lakhs per annum.
- For those students whose total family income from all sources is between Rs. 6.00 lakhs per annum to Rs 15.00 Lakhs per annum they are eligible for 50% of the Scholarship subject to a maximum of Rs. 5.00 lakhs per annum (for 2 years).
How to apply?
Candidate can follow below steps to apply for this scholarship.
Step 1: Visit Official web page Click HERE.
Step 2: Enter your SSLC/ 10th marks Card details.
Step 3: Enter your Residential details.
Step 4: Enter your Aadhar details and Income certificate No.
Step 5: After filling the details upload the scanned documents given below.
Step 6: Submit the application form.
Documents required for the National Overseas Scholarship for Minority Community Students, 2019-20 (Karnataka)
- Candidate Photo with Signature (Only JPG with Max 50KB size).
- Passport Copy.
- Visa Copy.
- Aadhar Card.
- Bank Loan Details.
- Offer Letter (I-20).
- Cancelled Cheque Leaf
- Bank Pass Book (Front Page).
- Upload Affidavit as per the Annexure (Enclosed in Home page)
- SSLC/10th Marks Card.
- PUC Marks Card.
- Degree Marks Cards. (1st -Year, 2nd -Year, Convocation/Provisional Degree, Certificate of Degree/Master Degree)
- CGPA/SGPA Calculation Format as per your University (With Attested Copy).
- G-MAT/TOEFL/GRE/IELTS/SAT Certificate/Score Card.
- Income and Caste Certificate.
- Residential Certificate.
- Income Tax Returns of Father/Mother/Guardian (Latest), If they are Income Tax Payee (Form-16).
- Income Tax Returns of Candidate (Latest), If You are Income Tax Payee (Form-16).
- Personnel statement of the candidate presenting his/ her case for scholarship (Not more than 2 pages).
- 1st recommendation / reference letter – academic and 2nd recommendation / reference letter – in case of currently employed applicants, it has to be from a professional, preferably his/ her superiors, else it can be academic (Not more than 2 pages on A4 size).
- Printout of ranking/ rang of course/ college from global university rankings (if any).
Note: Candidate need to scan all the above mention documents and keep it ready before starting application to upload after filling up the application.
- The candidates after assessing their eligibility and suitability and as per conditions of the scheme shall apply to the Director, Directorate of Minorities, 21st Floor, V.V Tower, Bangalore-560001.
- Employed candidates have to apply online in the prescribed application form with no objection certificate from their respective departments/ institution/ companies.
- The candidates will be selected in pursuance of the guidelines followed by an interview by the selection committee.
- And after selection the list approved by the minority welfare department.
- Selection or rejection of any candidate on the basis of various grounds can’t be considered as precedence for present or futures years of candidate’s selections.
Application Deadline: 18 July 2019
Directorate of Minorities,
20th & 21st Floor,
V V Towers(Main),
Dr B R Ambedkar Veedhi,
Bangalore – 560001
Phone: 080 22535900