About Dr Reddy’s Foundation Sashakt Scholarship 2019
Dr. Reddy’s Foundation is a non-profit organization set up in 1996 to help socially and economically weaker groups of society. Dr. Reddy’s Foundation offers Sashakt Scholarship to encourage young women across India to prepare for and pursue a career in science. It provides a level playing ground to girl students, especially from rural India and low socioeconomic backgrounds, to get access to quality education in some of India’s best science institutions by offering financial support and mentor-ship throughout their undergraduate studies.
- The applicant must be female and citizen of India.
- Bright, young girls with a record of academic excellence, confident of getting admission in India’s best science colleges.
- Students who opt to study pure/natural science courses for their graduation.
The scholarship will be given only to students who have confirmed admissions to any of the colleges listed.
|Bangalore||Christ University, Mount Carmel College, St Joseph’s College, The Oxford College of Science.|
|Chennai||Madras Christian College, Stella Maris College, Women’s Christian College.|
|Delhi||Miranda House, Hindu College, St. Stephen’s College, Kirori Mal College, Hansraj College, ARSD, Gargi College.|
|Hyderabad||St. Francis Degree College for Women, St. Ann’s College for Women|
|Kolkata||Vivekananda College, Madhyamgram.|
|Mumbai||Mithibai College, St Xavier’s College, Sophia College for Women.|
Benefits of Dr Reddy’s Foundation Sashakt Scholarship 2019
- The amount of Scholarship that will be provided under this program will be a maximum of Rs.80,000/- per student, per academic year (INR 2,40,000 for three years) and the scholarship amount which covers the college tuition fees, study expenses and basic living costs.
- The scholarship covers all three years of study towards earning a B.Sc. degree.
How to Apply?
- Step 1: Click Here to register and create an account.
- Step 2: Sign-in to your account and fill all your personal details, education details
- Step 3: Answer all the question requested in the application form.
- Step 4: finally submit the application form.
- The last date for application submission will be 31 Jul 2019
Documents Required Dr Reddy’s Foundation Sashakt Scholarship 2019
- Class 10th certificate, mandatory
- Class 10th mark sheet, optional
- Class 10+2 mark sheet, mandatory
- Class 10+2 certificate, optional
- Income certificate family income should not exceed more than INR 500,000/-.
- Disability certificate, mandatory for PWD candidates.
- Scholarship Registrations starts from 15 December 2018.
- The last date for application submission is 31 Jul 2019, by which time all the listed colleges will have announced their final list of admissions. You need to have a confirmed admission offer in any one of the colleges. Admission slips will need to be submitted.
Terms & Conditions
- The Scholarship is open for studies in the designated colleges in India and for Indian Nationals only.
- The Candidates applying for the scholarship under this program should be applying for B.Sc.(Natural Sciences), first year, during the academic year 2019-20.
- While the final acceptance of the proposed candidates is on the basis of internal due diligence and checks done by the Sashakt Selection Panel, it will be at all times subject to its management decision.
- The final disbursement of Scholarship amount to the applicant shall be on the basis of the fee receipt evidencing part payment, submitted by the applicant. All fee receipts shall be retained with the beneficiaries and submitted along with other documents for availing the Scholarship for the consecutive academic year, as the case may be.
- The candidates who are selected for the Scholarship will be intimated by Sashakt via email.
- DRF reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
(a) To reject or disqualify any application
(b) Subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the scholarship, as appropriate.
- DRF reserves the right, to use the photograph /profile of the scholarship applicant/beneficiary for future publication use; and/or disclosures; and/or for communication purposes with DRF’s stakeholders as this initiative is under Dr. Reddy’s Foundation; and/or for submissions before various authorities and interested parties from time to time for reporting progress thereof; and/or for use in Corporate brochures, websites, social media, archives and other material publicity, if any in relation to it’s activities.
- The students who receive the Scholarship should be regular in attendance and pass all performance yardsticks as decided by the competent authority of the school/college/University as also abide by the rules and regulations of such Institute.
- The Scholarship shall be cancelled / discontinued forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid shall be recovered, at the discretion of the concerned department of DRF if
- A student is found to have obtained a Scholarship by false statement/ certificates.
- A student violates any of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship.
- A student does not attend classes of the course or is found to be in serious violation of the Institutes’ Rules and Regulations.
- Fails to obtain and maintain minimum performance/passing standard as required by the University Authorities and/or affiliates.
- Any misconduct on the part of the beneficiary, decision whereof will be at the sole discretion of the Selection Panel of DRF
- This Scheme and Scholarship shall be evaluated at regular intervals by DRF and terms and conditions thereof may be modified, withdrawn or cancelled at the discretion of the Selection Panel of DRF.
- DRF reserves its right to independently verify and assess the claims made by candidates/beneficiaries regarding their family financial status and other criteria.
- This is a beneficiary scheme of DRF and is not as a matter of right to be claimed by candidates of economically weaker sections of society or otherwise. Candidates shall not have the right to raise any disputes regarding the Scholarship with DRF and shall have no right to claim any amounts or initiate any proceedings against DRF in respect thereof.