Pre-Matric Scholarship for Minority Students 2019-2020 Karnataka
About Pre-Matric Scholarship for Minority Students 2019-2020 Karnataka
The scholarship is being offered by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India. Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme is for minority communities (Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains and Zoroastrians/Parsis) students of class 1 to 10. The objective of this scheme is to Empowerment minority communities through education, has the potential to the upliftment of the socio-economic conditions of the minority communities and encourage parents to send their children to school by lightening their fees burden and their efforts to support their children to complete school education.
- Applicant should belong to the minority community (Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains and Zoroastrians/Parsis)
- Applicant family income from all the sources should not exceed Rs. 2.00 lakh per annum.
- Applicant should not be getting any other Centrally-funded Pre-Matric Scholarship.
- Applicant should be a regular, full-time student studying in a Government School or in a School recognized by Govt. or a Central/State Board of Secondary Education.
- Scholarship for studying in any class will be available for only one year. If a student has to repeat a class, she/he would not get a scholarship for that class for a second (or subsequent) year.
Benefits of Pre-Matric Scholarship for Minority Students 2019-2020 Karnataka
Scholarship grant for class I to V Rs.1,000/- per annum.
Scholarship grant for class VI to X Rs.1,500/- to Rs.5,700/- per annum.
How to Apply?
Step 1: Go to Website https://scholarships.gov.in
Step 2: Click on the New Registration button, if your applying for the first time.
Step 3: Carefully read the guidelines for Registration on National Scholarship Portal.
Step 4: After reading guidelines click on the “Continue” button
Step 5: Fill the student registration form.
Step 6: After entering all required details Click on the Register button.
Step 8: Student registration ID will be displayed. (Note down the Student Registration ID number for further reference and inquiries).
Step 9: Click on “Continue” button, it will take you to the Login Page.
Step 10: The login id and password to log into the NSP portal will be your Application Id and DOB respectively.
Step 11: After Login Student will get OTP of 5 digits on Registered Mobile Number.
Step 12: Confirm OTP will take you to Change Password Page and Change your password as per instruction on the same page.
Step 13: Click ‘’Apply’’ button and enter personal details, Academic Details, Bank Details.
Step 14: After entering the above details click on “Save & Continue” to Switch on to next Page
Step 15: Applicant is directed to see the next page for “Contact Details & Scheme Details” Enter your contact details.
Based on the eligibility criteria of the student, schemes will be displayed.
Select “PRE MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP SCHEMES MINORITIES ” for I to X
Step 16: Click on Final Submit. Take a print on Clicking print Button for reference and as an Acknowledgement.
Documents Required for Pre-Matric Scholarship for Minority Students 2019-2020 Karnataka
- Passport size 2 Photos.
- Previous Class Mark Card.
- Fee Receipts with Tuition Fee and Admission Fee separately mentioned.
- Income and Caste Certificate issued by competent authority / Tahasildar Revenue Department.
- Self-Declaration of Minority Community Certificate by the Student. In the case of the community not mentioned in the Income Certificate.
- Proof of bank account in the name of the student (1st page Xerox copy of bank passbook).
- Aadhar Card copy, if you do not have Aadhaar Provide Aadhar EID copy.
Preference will be given to poverty rather than marks (the applicant is required to submit an Income Certificate as per para-11(ii). In the case of the same income, preference will be given to senior applicant considering the Date of Birth of applicants.
Renewal applicant will get the scholarship if one has obtained 50% in his/her previous year’s examinations (at the same Institute and in the same course) and his/her application is verified by all authorities (as designated by Ministry of Minority Affairs) and approved by State Governments/Uts.
Application Deadline 15 Oct 2019