ISLAMIC DEVELOPMENT BANK (ISDB) SCHOLARSHIP 2019
Islamic Development Bank (Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) provides educational opportunities for the academically meritorious young students from Muslim communities to pursue undergraduate and to train them in specific fields and to empower communities with a specialize in “Sustainability Science” to support the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in their communities and countries. This scholarship is additionally offered to Indian Muslim communities in association with Muslim education trust.
- Applicant should have completed Class 12 or Senior secondary education with good grades in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Mathematics.
- Be medically fit and be willing to undergo medical tests after selection.
- Applicant should be
citizenof one of ISDB member countries or Muslim in non-member countries.
- Applicant should not in receipt of any other scholarship at the time of application and during studies under the ISDB scholarship programme.
- Applicant’s parents must be financially weak and unable to pay for his/her education.
Benefits Of ISLAMIC DEVELOPMENT BANK (ISDB) SCHOLARSHIP 2019
- The programme covers full tuition, books, monthly living allowance commensurate with the cost of living in the country of study, medical expenses at public or university hospitals.
- For the students who are selected to study abroad, the ISDB also provides them with economy class air tickets to and from the countries of study (once at the beginning and at the end of study), installation allowance and educational equipment.
How to Apply?
Step 1: Visit Official website of ISDB.
Step 2: Register yourself
Step 3: After Registering Select your scholarship Programme.
Step 4: Fill up all the details.
Step 5: Finally Submit the application.
Documents Required For ISLAMIC DEVELOPMENT BANK (ISDB) SCHOLARSHIP 2019
- Scanned copy of National Id/ passport. (originals).
- Scanned copy of birth certificate. (originals).
- Scanned copy of high school mark sheet. (originals).
- Scanned copy of university admission receipt. (originals).
Terms And Condition
Candidates granted the Scholarship are expected to:
- Sign a Surety Bond stating their commitment to their studies, their return to their countries upon completion of their studies and serve their communities and countries.
- Commit to cover, after the completion of his study, either the expenses of the 1st year of his/her master’s degree. In this case, the ISDB will support him/her by covering the cost of his/her 2nd year master’s degree or related cost of the 1st year’s study for a new Undergraduate student from an equivalent community he/she belongs to.
- Devote themselves towards their studies on a full-time basis and without interruption and submit the reports of their academic studies and activities on a daily basis to ISDB.
- Apply or receive no other scholarship or work for salary during their studies under the Programme which can interfere with their studies or make the fulfillment of their other obligations difficult unless otherwise agreed to in writing by the ISDB.
- Respect the laws of the country of study and maintain good personal and professional conduct according to the principles, regulations, and objectives of the Programme and therefore the overall mission of the ISDB.
The selection of candidates is supervised by a Selection Committee, composed of academicians in all development related fields and chaired by the Senior Advisor to the President for Science, Technology and Innovation (STI).
The Committee reviews the applications keeping in sight the eligibility requirements and selection criteria of the Programme with the aim of identifying the candidates with the very best potential.
Application Submission Opening Date: 2018-12-20
Application Submission Deadline Date: 2019-02-28