Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child 2019 by Government of India
The University Grants Commission (UGC), Government of India, New Delhi is inviting applications from Single Girl Child’s for the Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarships 2019
Objective of PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship:
Aim of this scholarship is to provide aid for girl children to education them at all levels specially such girls who are the only girl child of the family.
- Support the Girl Child for Post Graduation studies only.
- To recognize the value of observance of small family norm.
Total Number of scholarships: Up to 3000
Benefits Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship:
A Single girl child is awarded with Rs.36,200/- for a period of two years (Full duration of PG Course) No other/additional grant is payable in lieu with hostel charges and medical charges.
The duration of the PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship
The Awardee of the scholarship will be paid scholarship on DBT mode on annual basis.
Eligibility of Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship
- The Age of Girl students should be up to 30 years at the time of admission in first year PG Courses.
- Only Single girl child who has taken admission in regular, fulltime first year Masters Degree course in any designated university or a Post graduate college.
- Admission to PG Course in Distance education is not covered under the scheme.
How to apply
Instructions to apply for PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship
A Girl Student seeking scholarship under PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship scheme should register at https://scholarships.gov.in/fresh/newstdRegfrmInstruction
Deadline for applying for scholarship under this scheme: 31-10-2019