Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship 2021-22, Eligibility Criteria, How to Apply, Benefits, Application Form, Last Date
Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship 2021-22
Aga Khan Foundation offers scholarships every year for postgraduate studies to outstanding students from selected developing countries who have no other means of financing their studies, in order to develop effective scholars and leaders for employment.
Applicant should not be more than 30 years old.
Applicants should nationals of the following countries:
India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Syria, Egypt, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Madagascar, and Mozambique.
Applicants should be a graduate and interested in master’s levels course.
How To Apply?
Applicants can obtain application forms from their respective AKF office or Aga Khan education service/ Boards in their country office.
After completing the application the completed application form should be returned to the same office from which the application form was obtained.
Benefits Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship 2021-22
Applicants will receive assistance for tuition fees and living expenses.
Applicants are selected on the basis of:-
a) Consistently excellent academic records
b) Genuine financial needs
c) Admission to a highly reputable university or program of study
d) Relevance of the field of study to AKDN’s focus areas.
Applicants are also evaluated on:-
a) Demonstrating thoughtful and coherent educational and career plans.
b) Their extra-curricular interests and achievements.
c) Potential to achieve their goals
d) Likelihood to succeed in a foreign academic environment.
e) Applicants are expected to have some years of work experience in their field of interest.
Preference is given to those who have been able to secure some funding from alternative sources.
The annual scholarship selection meeting takes place in late June or early July and the Aga Khan Foundation notifies all the applicants of the outcome of their application shortly thereafter.
Terms And Conditions
- Application for short-term courses is not considered.
- The foundation gives priority to master’s level courses but is willing to consider the application for Ph.D. programs only in the cases of outstanding students who are highly recommended for doctoral studies by their professors and who need a Ph.D. for the fulfillment of their career objectives.
- Half of the scholarship amount is considered as a loan, which must be reimbursed with an annual service charge of 5%. A guarantor is required to co-sign the loan agreement. the payback period is five years, starting six months after the study period funded by the Aga khan foundation.
- The AKF Scholarships for Ph.D. is only provided for the first two years of study, after which students are expected to find alternative sources of assistance.
- Scholarships are awarded on a 50% grant: 50% loan basis through a competitive application process.
- Applications are not considered for applicants who have already started their course of study.
- Applicants should be prepared to be interviewed by a local scholarship committee about their financial situation, their academic performance, extra-curricular, achievement, and career plans.
Application Start Date: 1st January 2021
Deadline for submission of completed application: 22nd March 2021
Aga Khan Foundation (India)
Sarojini House, 2nd floor 6, Bhagwan Dass Roa, New Delhi 110001 India
Tel: 011 47399700
E-mail:- [email protected]