Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2019-2020
About Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2019-2020
Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, under Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India offers Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2019-2020 for students who are physically disable with 40% of disabilities and pursuing PUCs, Bachelor’s Degree, Diploma, Post-matriculation diploma/certificates, Master’s degree/Diploma from any University recognized by UGC/AICTE. with the sole objective to support students with disabilities in education to prepare themselves to earn their livelihood and to find a dignified place in society as they face several barriers physical, financial, psychological, mental in pursuing studies and living with dignity.
- Applicant should be a citizen of India.
- The Applicant with disabilities with more than 40% and having a valid certificate of disability is eligible for the scholarship.
- The applicant who is pursuing their studies through correspondence courses is also eligible.
- Applicants family annual income should not exceed more than Rs.2,50,000/- from all sources of incomes.
- Applicant Pursuing training courses like Aircraft Maintenance Engineers Courses and private pilot License Courses, Ship Dufferin (now Rajendra), Training at the Military College, Dehradun, Courses at pre-examination Training Centers of all India And state levels.
- Not more than two children’s with disabilities from the same family are eligible for this scholarship scheme. In the case of twins, the second child is a twin, then both the twins, are eligible for the scheme.
Benefits of Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2019-2020
|Courses||Maintenance allowance Hostellers||Maintenance allowance Day Scholars|
|Group I |
All bachelors/post-graduate degree courses in medicine, engineering/technology, planning/architecture, fashion technology, computer science/applications agriculture, veterinary and allied sciences. All Postgraduate degree/diploma courses recognized by UGC/AICTE in any discipline
|Rs.1600/-Per Annum||Rs.750/-Per Annum|
|Group II Professional courses leading to degree/diploma certificate in areas like pharmacy(B.Pharma), LLB, BFS, other Para-medical Braches like Rehabilitation, Diagnostics etc., Mass Communication, Hotel Management & Catering, Travel/Tourism/Hospitality, Interior Decoration, Nutrition & Dietetics, Commercial Art, Financial Services (E.g. Banking, Insurance, Taxation, Etc.)||Rs.1100/-Per Annum||Rs.700/-Per Annum|
|All other courses leading to a graduate degree not covered under Group I & II E.g. BA/B.Sc/B.com etc.||Rs.950/-Per Annum||Rs.1600/-Per Annum|
|All post-matriculation level non-degree courses for which entrance qualification is high school (class X), E.g. Senior Secondary Certificate (Class XI and XII), both general and vocational stream, ITI Courses, 3 year diploma courses in polytechnics etc.||Rs.900/-Per Annum||Rs.550/-Per Annum|
Allowance of Scholarship based on Disability
|Type of Disability||Scholarship Amount|
|Physically disabled (OH||Rs.2000/-pa|
|All other types of disability not covered under above||Rs.2000/-pa|
Reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees maximum of Rs.1.50 Lakh Per Annum.
Books Allowance Rs.1500/- per annum.
How to Apply?
Step 1: Go to Website https://scholarships.gov.in
Step 2: Click on the New Registration button, if your applying for the first time.
Step 3: Carefully read the guidelines for Registration on National Scholarship Portal.
Step 4: After reading guidelines click on the “Continue” button
Step 5: Fill the student registration form.
Step 6: After entering all required details click on the Register button.
Step 8: Student registration ID will be displayed. (Note down the Student Registration ID number for further reference and inquiries).
Step 9: Click on “Continue” button, it will take you to the Login Page.
Step 10: The login id and password to log into the NSP portal will be your Application Id and DOB respectively.
Step 11: After Login Student will get OTP of 5 digits on Registered Mobile Number.
Step 12: Confirm OTP will take you to Change Password Page and Change your password as per instruction on the same page.
Step 13: Click ‘’Apply’’ button and enter personal details, Academic Details, Bank Details.
Step 14: After entering the above details click on “Save & Continue” to Switch on to next Page
Step 15: Applicant is directed to see the next page for “Contact Details & Scheme Details” Enter your contact details.
Based on the eligibility criteria of the student, schemes will be displayed.
Select “Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities” for I to X
Step 15: Click on Final Submit. Take a print on Clicking print Button for reference and as an Acknowledgement.
Document Required for Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2019-2020
- Passport size photos
- Disability Certificate.
- Income certificate
- Fees receipt.
- Previous year marks sheet
- Aadhar card
- Bank Pass Book
- Fulfillment of Eligibility Norms
- Recommendation of the State Education Department.
- Percentage of marks obtained in the previous examination.
- In case of a tie in the percentage of marks, then the candidate with a high percentage of disability will be given preference. in case there is still a tie, the age will be considered i.e. the older candidate will get preference.
Application deadline : 15-10-2019
0120 – 6619540