About Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2019-2020
Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, under Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India offers Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2019-2020 for students who are studying Class IX to X and physically disabled with 40% of disabilities. with the sole objective to support students with disabilities in education to prepare themselves to earn their livelihood and to find a dignified place in society as face several barriers physical, financial, psychological, mental in pursuing studies and living with dignity.
- Applicant should be a citizen of India.
- The applicant with disabilities with more than 40% and having a valid certificate of disability is eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants family annual income should not exceed more than Rs.2,50,000/- from all sources of incomes.
- Applicant should be a regular, full-time student studying in class IX or X
- Not more than two children’s with disabilities from the same family are eligible for this scholarship scheme. In the case of twins, the second child is a twin, then both the twins are eligible for the scheme.
Benefits of Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2019-2020
|Maintenance allowance||Day Scholars||Hostellers|
|Book Grant||Rs.1000/-per annum||Rs.1000/-per annum|
Allowance of scholarship based on disability
|Type of Disability||Scholarship Amount|
|physically disabled (OH)||Rs.2000/-pa|
|All other types of disability not covered under above||Rs.2000/-pa|
How to Apply?
Step 1: Go to Website https://scholarships.gov.in
Step 2: Click on the New Registration button, if your applying for the first time.
Step 3: Carefully read the guidelines for Registration on National Scholarship Portal.
Step 4: After reading guidelines click on the “Continue” button
Step 5: Fill the student registration form.
Step 6: After entering all required details click on the Register button.
Step 8: Student registration ID will be displayed. (Note down the Student Registration ID number for further reference and inquiries).
Step 9: Click on “Continue” button, it will take you to the Login Page.
Step 10: The login id and password to log into the NSP portal will be your Application Id and DOB respectively.
Step 11: After Login Student will get OTP of 5 digits on Registered Mobile Number.
Step 12: Confirm OTP will take you to Change Password Page and Change your password as per instruction on the same page.
Step 13: Click ‘’Apply’’ button and enter personal details, Academic Details, Bank Details.
Step 14: After entering the above details click on “Save & Continue” to Switch on to next Page.
Step 15: Applicant is directed to see the next page for “Contact Details & Scheme Details” Enter your contact details.
Document Required for Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2019-2020
- Passport size photos
- Disability Certificate.
- Income certificate
- Fees receipt.
- Previous year marks sheet
- Fulfillment of Eligibility Norms
- Recommendation of the State Education Department.
- Percentage of marks obtained in the previous examination.
- In case of a tie in the percentage of marks, then the candidate with a high percentage of disability will be given preference. in case there is still a tie, the age will be considered i.e. the older candidate will get preference.
Application deadline : 15-10-2019
[email protected] Ph:0120 – 6619540