Top Scholarships for Karnataka Students 2020
Karnataka is Known as the educational hub of the country, as per the 2011 census, Karnataka has a literacy rate of 75.36% with 82.47% of males and 68.08% of females being literate. As of March 2006, Karnataka had 54,529 primary schools with 252,875 teachers and 8.495 million students. Also there are 9,499 secondary schools with 92,287 teachers with 1.384 million students.
There are 481 degree colleges that are run under the jurisdiction of the universities in the state (Bangalore University) and there are 123 engineering, 35 medical, and 40 dental colleges in the state.
Considering this vast student base, the government of Karnataka and many other NGOs, private organizations offer a number of scholarship schemes especially for the students who are domicile of the Karnataka.
Here is a list of all the scholarships that are available for students of Karnataka.
- National Overseas Scholarship for Minority Community Students.
- Scheme of Overseas Scholarships for SC/ST Students.
- Research Guidance Ph.D. Fellowship for Backward Classes.
- Incentive for SSLC & 2nd PUC Students.
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for Minorities of Karnataka.
- Post-Matric Scholarship for Minorities of Karnataka.
- Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship for Minorities.
- MPhil and Ph.D. Fellowship for Minority Students.
- Vidyasiri Scheme for Minority students.
- Prize Money for Complete Course in First Attempt First Class SC/St Students.
- SSLC Prize Money for SC/ST Students.
- Hostels For Post Matric Students Boys/Girls Karnataka 2019-20
- Incentive for B.Ed/D.Ed Students
Scholarships Eligibility Conditions for Karnataka Students 2020
The standard Eligibility conditions for scholarships schemes in Karnataka:
- The candidates should be domicile of State of Karnataka.
- The marks obtained by the applicant in the previous Class should be more than 50% or its equivalent grade.
- The Candidates must belong to Minority community (Muslims, Christians, Jains, Buddhists, Sikhs and Parsis) and SC or ST community.
- The candidates should be pursing full-time and regular courses not less than 1 year.
- The family income of the applicant should not be more than INR 2 Lakh from all sources.
- The age of the applicant should not be more than 35 years.
- Passing class 10th/SSLC is mandatory. (in case of higher Studies scholarships).
Note: The eligibility conditions above are standard eligibility Criteria required for most of the scholarship schemes it may also differs based on scholarship schemes and scholarship provider.
Documents required for scholarship in Karnataka
- Passport size Photos.
- Previous Class Marks Sheet
- Income and caste Certificate issued by the Tahsildar.
- Aadhaar Card.
- Fees structure.
- Bank Details (Copy of Bank Pass Book).
- Proof of involvement in Extra-curricular/ social/ community development activities.
1 thought on “Top Scholarships for Karnataka Students 2020”